The Kitchen Director is a leader in the Restaurant dedicated to executing a level of excellence across all 5 critical success factors in the back of house.
· Embody our Vision & Values
· Set team goals, share the score visually and celebrate the wins
· Assist in hiring process of new BOH Team Members
· Identify potential leaders and help them develop and grow Operationally and Relationally
· Communicate effectively, share ideas, and take a positive approach to all situations.
· Create a LEAN culture and mindset and encourage 2 second improvements to be shared
· Hold BOH team members accountable to all policy standards, for example timeliness, grooming, cell phones, uniforms etc.
· Train and develop Team Members in all areas and systems, work with Training Director for areas of focus.
· Provide both formal and informal feedback to team on an ongoing basis
· Plan and Schedule bi-weekly Shift Lead meetings with FOH Director.
Quality & Customer Experience
- Protect the customer experience by ensuring packaging, food presentation and quality meets or exceeds Chick-fil-A standards
· Execute Lean Chicken Entrée at all times
· Train team on what “LEAN Chicken Entrée” is and how the forecasting system works
· Ensure Safe Daily Critical is completed
- Use Quality & Food Safety findings to ensure consistency and quality of products. Address areas of improvement immediately. Work with Training Director to address problems and create and action list.
· Maintain a Culture of Food Safety
· Maintain a clean and organized environment
· Ensure Inventory is organized properly
· Maintain Travel Path
· Execute training and roll-out of new products
· Assess current systems and implement ideas for improvement
Sales & Brand Growth
· Ensure speed and quality of food to retain customers
· Work with Catering Director on execution of catering orders and systems
· Own Food Cost results
· Labor Scheduling – own labor percentage and productivity.
· Equipment Repair & Maintenance –
· Chicken Tracking System – freezer, thaw, waste
· Place truck orders, work with team for efficient truck deliveries, ensure proper build to’s, keep LEAN inventory on hand to encourage scarcity mindset, coach others on proper ordering
· Produce - Ordering, lean build to’s, portioning and production
· Bread – Verify delivery numbers & quality
· Submit monthly nugget gap credit
· Execute LEAN in all areas – Chicken, Inventory, Oil Rotation, Inventory