Front of House Director
Front of House Director Roles and Responsibilities
The FOH Director is a leader in the restaurant dedicated to executing strategies and put ideas into action across all 5 critical success factors that drive the store towards our vision. This leader should focus on continuous improvement in a LEAN environment and development of people, processes and effective communication.
· Assist in hiring process of new FOH Team Members
· Set team goals, share the score visually and celebrate the wins
· Identify potential leaders and help them develop and grow operationally and relationally
· Communicate effectively, share ideas, & take a positive approach to all situations
· Create a LEAN culture and mindset and encourage 2 second improvements to be shared daily
· Hold FOH team members accountable to all policy standards, for example timeliness, grooming, cell phones, uniforms etc.
· Train and develop Team Members in all areas and systems, work with Training Director for areas of focus.
· Provide both formal and informal feedback to team on an ongoing basis
· Schedule bi-weekly Shift Lead meetings
· Ensure Disciplinary action is given fairly and consistently
Quality & Customer Experience
- Ensure we are executing proper procedures in order taking, hospitality behaviors, speed and accuracy and provide ongoing feedback to team members, shift leads and managers
- Protect the customer experience by ensuring packaging, food presentation and quality meets or exceeds Chick-fil-A standards
· Ensure FOH consistently and systematically meets cleanliness standards (Front Counter, Dining Room, Rest Rooms, etc.)
· Partner with BOH Director to execute Lean Chicken Entrée at all times
- Use quality and food safety findings to ensure consistency and quality of products and behaviors.
· Maintain a Culture of Food Safety
· Maintain a clean and organized environment
· Ensure FOH Inventory is organized properly
· Assess current systems and implement ideas for improvement
Sales & Brand Growth
· Ensure speed and quality of food to retain customers
· Work with Catering Director on execution of catering orders and systems
· Own Food Cost results for desserts and condiments
· Labor Scheduling – own labor percentage and productivity.